WE’VE a great environment to base your business with great office space available in Darlington – but did you also know you’ve got a great environment for your staff to bloom too?
With a great social calendar and employee support – including great transport links – we’re always keen to welcome new colleagues, friends and visitors whether its for business or pleasure. Our latest events are based around preparing the ground for a blooming good Summer!
With our allotments now in place, we can now turn our attention to our herb garden outside of the delicious on-site cafe – canteen by alexandar macmurray. Tasty herbs to garnish that add flavour to our lives are now available for people snip and enjoy – with recipes also available for inspiration in the vintage snug.
If you fancy creating your own home herb garden, why not visit canteen on 24 April where our gardening team from Integritas Landscapes will be able to give advice on how to create this simple little attention to life. With delicious results!
Adding colour and life to Lingfield is our simple aim and gardening is close to our heart. We’re keen to hear your tips and advice on how to survive the last remaining frosts and the deluge of April showers….. Our tips include:
- Keep new shoots protected at night
- Leave tender bedding until May – its too tempting to fill your garden with colour now but Jack Frost is still very much around
- Deadhead daffodils and narsissus, give them a liquid feed or sprinkling of bonemeal and then let them die down. Don’t cut off the leaves as they are necessary to replenish the bulb for next year.
- Keep deadheading spring bedding to keep it looking neat and encourage new flowers.
- Continue with the spring cleaning. Hoe your borders, getting rid of weeds before they take hold and continue to mulch away – tease with a cheeky bit of fertiliser to encourage growth!
- Carry on removing moss and weeds from paths, terraces and drives.
- Clean and repair your garden tools, perfect for Sunday afternoon when April showers hit!
- Look out for slugs and snails. They love tulips and delicacies such as the delicious young shoots of delphiniums and the like, so use pet-friendly slug pellets, drench the ground around hostas with liquid slug killer to exterminate slugs below the surface.
- Keep an eye out for snails and pick them off – what you do with them is up to you. Birds are your friends here – flat stones artfully located are useful accessories for birds to practise their snail bashing techniques.
With these tips and handy advice with our gardening team – get ready for a unique summer of celebration. For more information or want a copy of our events calendar, feel free to get in touch with one of us at the management suite on 01325 486486 or download from the link below.
- Growing support in our wider community (lingfieldpoint.co.uk)